Friday, January 20, 2012

Exciting News!!


I want you to be the first to know:

A Dream
As I have been in ministry for almost 14 years now, I have always dreamed of writing a book that God would use to reach teenage girls and women.  That dream is now becoming a reality!  

I'm delighted to share this dream with you.
This chapter began winter 2009 as i met my friend and co-author, Shauna Pilgreen, at a writer's conference in Nashville. As the only two girls on the writer's team, we developed a quick friendship that has resulted in sharing similar dreams and passions to speak truth into the lives of women and young girls. 
  

(me and Shauna)































Shauna's life is nothing short of an adventure with her husband, Ben, and three boys - Elijah, Samuel, and Asher.  They live in San Francisco, where they have started Epic Church.  Shauna is living her happily ever after connecting with families in the city and writing.  www.shaunapilgreen.com


(Holding the final layout)

































Ever After
Together, we have used our experience as moms, daughters, writers, speakers, and leaders to imaginatively create a story between a mother and daughter. The Same Page is a flip book with one side telling the story from a teenage daughter’s perspective and the other from a mother’s viewpoint. This book goes beyond a fictional tale and weaves journal questions for the reader. Tate publishing has partnered to help make this tale a reality.


Our Vision
What is not speaking into the hearts and minds of teenage girls and moms today? No wonder it’s so hard to listen to God’s voice and His alone. There are so many voices out there trying to get our attention. Shauna and I want to be another voice of truth speaking in the mind, heart of girls of all ages - yes, through a fanciful tale. It’s good to escape into a tale to discover truths about yourself in addition to hearing ‘current reality’ speak to you in forms of a friend, a pastor, and family.


Living Your Happily Ever After
“I know I am living my happily ever after!” Ysabel thinks to herself. Shauna and I believe our ‘happily ever after’ begins when we accept the King’s gift of salvation. The most beautiful and redemptive stories are the ones when we embrace His truths and live them out in our heart, home, community, gifts, and the world. 
                          

Discover Your Part
Here's where I need your help. In the publishing world today, it’s up to the reader and authors to advocate for the book and its message. I need you to join us in inviting moms and daughters, women and girls, around the globe to step into this fanciful tale and discover their part in ‘living their happily ever after!’ 
here's what you can do:



sTomorrow, Saturday, January 21
our website goes live


tweet
facebook post
blog 
email 



Help me get the word out about our website and
 book set to release in march. 
Follow us on twitter at thesamepagebook.
Find us on facebook and post how you will help.
Let me know you'll buy a copy and write a post on your blog.
Send out an email to friends and family about the website and book.

I want to thank you for how you will use your circle of influence to tell others about this book. Shauna and i believe in the message and wait expectantly for how God will use it. 
Believe with us. 

In the coming weeks, I will let you know when I have the books in hand. Come back and order from the website.


“We will come together when we see each other through the eyes of our King.”  - The Same Page

2 comments:

  1. This is so great!! I will definitely promote your book (and blog too.) I love the theme and layout you have, and can't wait to read more of your content. I would also love to chat with you some time. I am an aspiring author myself! :)
    Thanks for posting,

    --divinedating.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney, I am just so excited for you and proud of you. God is using you in incredible ways! I love the pic of you holding the book! So cute!! Love ya girl.

    ReplyDelete